The NeoMutt Project
“Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks”
- What is it?
- NeoMutt is a command-line mail reader (or Mail User Agent).
It's a version of Mutt with added features.
- The NeoMutt Project is hoping to kick-start development on the Mutt project.
NeoMutt has already attracted about twenty developers and enthusiasts.
- What have you achieved, so far?
- Lots of old Mutt patches have been brought up-to-date, tidied and documented.
Notably, the Sidebar patch has now been adopted by upstream Mutt.
- How can I try it out?
- NeoMutt is available to download for various distros:
I need help
Oh, sorry to hear that. If you are a GitHub user, you can raise a
Website issue or a
NeoMutt code issue.
Alternatively, you can join the NeoMutt IRC channel:
contact the lead developer, Richard Russon <email@example.com>
I want to help NeoMutt
Brilliant. There are lots of ways you can contribute to the NeoMutt project.
Whatever your skills, or time available, you can help. Have a look at our
Whatever your skills, however much time you can spare, you can make a
We have a Twitter Feed @NeoMutt_Org.
We have two public mailing lists:
- NeoMutt Users' Mailing List
Discuss your favourite features, share experiences, swap config files, ask for help...
- NeoMutt Developers' Mailing List
Listen in to the developers, propose new features, offer help...
We now have a presence on IRC. Come, say hello! Please note, that we're a
small group. Therefore, answers might take some time.