The NeoMutt Project
“Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks”
- What is it?
- NeoMutt is a command-line mail reader (or Mail User Agent).
It's a version of Mutt with added features.
- The NeoMutt Project is hoping to kick-start development on the Mutt project.
NeoMutt has already attracted about twenty developers and enthusiasts.
- What have you achieved, so far?
- Lots of old Mutt patches have been brought up-to-date, tidied and documented.
Notably, the Sidebar patch has now been adopted by upstream Mutt.
- How can I try it out?
- NeoMutt is available to download for various distros:
I need help
Oh, sorry to hear that. If you are a GitHub user, you can raise a
Website issue or a
NeoMutt code issue.
Alternatively, you can join the NeoMutt IRC channel:
contact the lead developer, Richard Russon <email@example.com>
I want to help NeoMutt
Brilliant. There are lots of ways you can contribute to the NeoMutt project.
Whatever your skills, or time available, you can help.
- Are you an experienced Programmer? Do you want a challenge? Please have a look at
collection of hard problems
You don't have much experience? You are not an experienced Programmer? Or, you just don't know how to write C ?
Then, please have a look at our Newbie Tutorial.
However, you can still try one of the
hard problems later, if you want. Remember, the question
is not how much experience you have. Its how much you want to learn.
Whatever your skills, however much time you can spare, you can make a
We have a Twitter Feed @NeoMutt_Org.
We have two public mailing lists:
- NeoMutt Users' Mailing List
Discuss your favourite features, share experiences, swap config files, ask for help...
- NeoMutt Developers' Mailing List
Listen in to the developers, propose new features, offer help...
We now have a presence on IRC. Come, say hello! Please note, that we're a
small group. Therefore, answers might take some time.