The NeoMutt Project
“Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks”
- What is it?
- NeoMutt is a command-line mail reader (or Mail User Agent).
It's a version of Mutt with added features.
- The NeoMutt Project is hoping to kick-start development on the Mutt project.
NeoMutt has already attracted about twenty developers and enthusiasts.
- What have you achieved, so far?
- Lots of old Mutt patches have been brought up-to-date, tidied and documented.
Notably, the Sidebar patch has now been adopted by upstream Mutt.
- How can I try it out?
- NeoMutt is available to download for various distros:
NeoMutt is a small project with big ideas and we could
really do with your help.
Easy Coding Tasks now available:
Whatever your skills, however much time you can spare, you can make a
We have two public mailing lists:
- NeoMutt Users' Mailing List
Discuss your favourite features, share experiences, swap config files, ask for help...
- NeoMutt Developers' Mailing List
Listen in to the developers, propose new features, offer help...
We now have a presence on IRC. Come, say hello! Please note, that we're a
small group. Therefore, answers might take some time.